07 June 2013

Family pictures

We recently had family pictures taken.

 It was quite the process! 

The kids weren't exactly behaving and I found myself getting grumpier and grumpier as the shoot went on.  We started with Kelsey in her blessing dress and got some real cute shots.  Luckily she was pretty happy...at that moment. 




After that we did Zoe and Phoebe by themselves.  They looked so cute!  I got their hair done and they had cute little french braids.  Phoebe was being really shy and didn't want to participate.  Zoe was being goofy and kept wanting to mess with Kelsey.  She also kept grabbing a duster that they use to get kids attention.  I was trying to keep my cool and not get mad at her. 




During the solo shoots Kelsey started to get really fussy and was super ready for her nap.  I gave her the binky and it calmed her down..a little too calm..she fell asleep!  So for the family pictures the baby was tanked!  Poor Cory had a sore knee and they had him kneeling on the hard cement floor so he wasn't enjoying himself at all.  They always seem to find the most terrible positions to put people in for pictures.  I guess discomfort turns out well in pictures.




Then they did pictures of Cory and I alone.  We really don't have any pictures of just him and I since our time in Hawaii.  It was fun and I was excited to see how they would turn out.  They only did one pose which made me sad.  I thought we should have done a cheesy smooching shot. 



During that time Kelsey woke up and decided that her 15 minute snooze was plenty and she could be happy again.  So they took some pictures of the girls together.


I was seriously shocked to see that any of the pictures turned out well.  I didn't think Phoebe would smile at all.  But they are super cute and in the end I am happy with them.  I just think I'll do individual and family shots at different times in the future.  That way it won't feel so rushed and crazy.  Lesson learned.



No comments: